HM Forces BupaCare Scheme
What is the HM Forces BupaCare Scheme?
At Forces Health, we understand that if you get ill or injured what matters most is getting back to the things you love as soon as possible. That’s why we’re working with Bupa who offer discounted rates* on the HM Forces BupaCare Scheme.
The HM Forces BupaCare Scheme gives you fast access to the help you need from Bupa, and provides the reassurance of cover from diagnosis through to treatment for eligible conditions covered by your policy.
What are the benefits of the HM Forces BupaCare Scheme?
- For getting the help you need faster – from reassuring advice the moment you need it to fast access to treatment, Bupa act quickly so you can move forward faster.
- For cancer care that helps get you there – you’ll have access to any cancer drug in the UK that’s licensed for your condition and covered by your policy, even if the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) haven’t yet approved it or it isn’t available on the NHS^.
- For nothing less than health expertise – whenever you need reliable health advice for you or your family, call Bupa’s Anytime HealthLine to speak directly to qualified nurses and GPs 24/7.
- For access to over 800 Bupa recognised hospitals and clinics – choose whether you’d like to be treated in a hospital close to your base, or in a hospital recognised for its expertise in treating certain conditions.
- For treatment overseas‡ – you’ll be covered for eligible treatment that you need when you are stationed overseas as a member of HM Forces, or emergency treatment that you need because of a sudden illness or injury when you are travelling outside the UK.
- For more than just health insurance – Bupa don’t just insure, they care. As well as funding diagnosis and treatment, they employ experts in health who will be able to support you when you need it.
Who is the HM Forces BupaCare Scheme open to?
The HM Forces BupaCare Scheme is open to all eligible serving and retired members of HM Forces (including British Army, Royal Navy, Ministry of Defence and Royal Air Force) aged 16 and over. Partners and children (up to the age of 21 or 24 if in full-time education) can also be added on to your policy.
How do I find out more?
To find out more please call us at HM Forces Health on:
UK: 0800 652 2018
Overseas: +44 1929 477 300
Calls may be recorded or monitored.
*Discounts will be reviewed on 1 July 2019 and any changes will then apply to renewals and new quotes taken out after that date. This offer may be withdrawn at any time and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or discount on the same product. Quotes are valid for 14 days. Terms and conditions apply.
‡There are no Bupa participating facilities or partnership consultants overseas so you will need to settle all accounts directly with the medical provider in the country of treatment in which you are stationed, working or living and submit a claim to Bupa for repayment, subject to the monetary limits set out in this policy summary and the membership guide.
Bupa’s Anytime HealthLine is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorized by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ.
Our providers include