HM Forces BupaCare Scheme
What’s the HM Forces BupaCare Scheme?
At Forces Health, we’re friends of Bupa, who want to help you get back to fighting fit faster after being ill or injured. Not only that, they arm new customers with a discount* on BupaCare health insurance. You’re a HM Forces member after all.
What do friends do?
HM Forces and Bupa is a friendship built on so much more than just health insurance:
- Fast access to treatment and support – From reassuring advice the moment you need it, to fast access to treatment, Bupa act quickly so you can move forward faster.
- Cancer care that helps get you there – You’ll have access to any cancer drug in the UK that’s licensed for your condition and covered by your policy, even if the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) haven’t yet approved it or it isn’t available on the NHS^.
- Nothing less than health expertise – Whenever you need reliable health advice for you or your family, call the Bupa Anytime HealthLine to speak directly to qualified nurses and GPs 24/7.
- Access to over 800 Bupa recognised hospitals and clinics – Choose whether you’d like to be treated in a hospital close to your base, or in a hospital recognised for its expertise in treating certain conditions.
- Treatment overseas‡ – You’ll be covered for eligible treatment that you may need when you’re stationed overseas as a member of HM Forces. That includes emergency treatment as a result of sudden illness or injury when travelling outside the UK.
Who’s the HM Forces BupaCare Scheme open to?
Anyone who’s a member of HM Forces is a friend of Bupa. That’s why this scheme is open to all eligible serving and retired members of HM Forces. That means British Army, Royal Navy, Ministry of Defence and Royal Air Force members aged 16 and over. Partners and children (up to the age of 21 or 24 if in full-time education) can also be added on to your policy.
How do I find out more?
Call HM Forces Health
UK: 0800 652 2018
Overseas: +44 1929 477 300
Calls may be recorded or monitored.
*Applies to eligible HM Forces members on quotes for new BupaCare policies. Discount will be reviewed on 1 July 2020 and any changes will apply to renewals and new quotes thereafter. Quotes are valid for 14 days. T&Cs apply.
^Applies to eligible evidence-based cancer drugs and treatments covered by your policy.
‡There are no Bupa participating facilities or partnership consultants overseas so you will need to settle all accounts directly with the medical provider in the country of treatment in which you are stationed, working or living and submit a claim to Bupa for repayment, subject to the monetary limits set out in this policy summary and the membership guide.
Bupa Anytime HealthLine is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 3829851. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ.